Monday, January 21, 2013

Second Home

Jacksonville Florida has become a second home to our family.  Back in the day (aka 6 years ago), my visits to JAX included plenty of shenanigans including meeting folks from Conneticut who specialized in making maple syrup and wore stick on stars....... Red-eye flights led us into 4 a.m. debauchery. Good times were had by all! 

I now have not only my cousin and her family in JAX, but also my dear friend from our mom's group.  This particular trip ended up with me visiting on my own for a mini get-away.  My first two days were a whirlwind of shopping, dinning and wining! While on my trip, I was able to meet some new friends who live down the street from my dear friend.

One of the more hilarious moments came in the form of my attempt to get coffee in St. Augustine Saturday Night. My friend and I stopped at a coffee shack after dinner and saw 3 people in line ahead of us.... A half hour later and many sarcastic comments about how slow things are in the south, I drank one of the best Lattes I've ever had.... 

My cousin and her family graciously picked me up from my friend's place on the way back from a trip to Disneyworld & IKEA...... Yes, I said Disneyworld & IKEA, all in one day! We had a relaxing evening of sushi by the fire and good conversation.  All of us turned in early and before you knew it, I was on a plane back to Chicago and the ungodly weather that exists here.

Coming up at the end of July is the Chromosome 18 Research & Registry Annual Conference.  We are making this a family and trip and low and behold, the conference is being held in Savannah Georgia this year, which is 3 hours north of Jacksonville.  We are excited to be able to share this opportunity with our extended Jacksonville family!  I am also thrilled for Jade to reconnect with her good friend and with my cousin's daughter!

More great times to come in the Southeast. Life is good!






No comments:

Post a Comment