Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reality of Life

As much as I am thankful that Adele is not very delayed in all areas except speech/language, I can't help but to have days where my heart drops when I see picutres and hear stories of other kiddos her age doing things that she isn't..... As much as I LOVE the fact that she can hear within the normal range with the BAHA, it is going to become inevitable when she wears it out in public we will get stares and I'm sure even the occasional daring person to ask us about it.

I will get over this and move forward, but in order to do that, I need to acknowledge my frustration.  Thanks for reading!

On another more positive note, I wanted to take an opportunity to let everyone know that my husband rocks! He is a model father and our partnership in raising our girls is second to none. I couldn't be the teacher, friend, mom and wife I am today without his support. The girls benefit a thousand times over for his involvement in every aspect of their lives.  Three cheers for hubby!

I'm hoping we have reached the end of our pre-school search!  Bonnie McBeth Learning Center is part of Plainfield District #202 and offers pre-school for non at-risk kiddos on a lottery basis. We have a plan "b" should we not get selected but either way it's exciting to think that Jade will be in pre-school next school year.

Adele continues to do well with her BAHA and recently had an appointment with a Pediatric Endocrinologist.  The visual looked good but of course we need to do blood work to check levels of hormones and other related items. What I have learned from my 18q- yahoo group is that many things related to endocrinology don't come up until they hit puberty.  At least we know what to expect.


No comments:

Post a Comment