Thursday, January 31, 2013

Can't shake this one

I'm having a very difficult time shaking off my bad mood this week. I've been less than patient at home and have been slightly on edge at work.  I get into these cycles ever so often and they also come with a lot of doubt and self criticism.  I'm sure this is related to a toddler who is resisting a reasonable bed time, some challenges at work, not having a big enough house, worrying about money to eventually buy a bigger house, how everyone perceives me every second of the day which includes but is not limited to: students, parents of students, co-workers, administrators, friends, members of groups, family, the cats (no not really), etc.....  I know that some of you may not empathize with my current state, and that's okay.  I am not looking for anyone to feel sorry for me, I'm just hoping that if your also having a bad day or week, you have found a compadre.

Since I began taking Zoloft for PPD, I have had far fewer of these weeks so the next line of defense for me is a check-up with my dear friend Deidre.  Therapy has been one of the most outstanding on-going experiences I've ever had.  I truly believe that all of us could or will benefit from counseling at one time or another.  I get the sense there is still a lot of stigma attached to talking openly about counseling and medication.  The more I've spoken openly about my issues and how counseling and meds have helped, the more people have come forward with there own experiences.

Hopefully Tina Fey will help to distract me from my bad mood this evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment