Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I still think 1990 was ten years ago...

My buddy George Takei posted this fun one yesterday and thought it was very fitting with the kind of weekend I had.  Glad to be up and blogging again!

On Friday my students were asked to have the youngest person in each row collect erase boards.. I heard one of the students say "1997" and just about threw-up in my mouth... I informed them that I was a senior in high school that year and if they'd like to figure out my age they should do the math; they did and of course the smart ones low-balled my age.

That evening, I attended an EPCHS Band Reunion with my good friend and was pleasantly surprised with the number of people I knew.  We shared some good laughs about band and choir back in the day but thought it was a little sad that I didn't remember which show I conducted as Senior Drum Major.... My friend and I scoped out the room after that conversation and determined we had spoke to everyone we felt like speaking to and proceeded to do a little people watching to top of the night.

On Sunday we happened to go to an Apple Orchard that was just minutes away from NIU. Coincidentally, college spirit day at LHS was Monday so I figured what other excuse would I need to visit my Alma Mater? As I was driving up Annie Glidden Road, the memories flooded back: Amnesia Night Club, Starbusters Otto's, Neptune East 4th floor, Graham Hall and my night classes (on a side note, I loved that the High Incidence Disabilities Professors never scheduled classes before noon).  Unfortunately, all the bookstores and the Alumni Center were closed so I was out of luck in terms of buying another sweatshirt. I was startled out of memory lane when Adele suddenly started screaming in our car and we got to pull over only to discover that she had a massive poopy diaper (sorry but this our lives these days).  Just a reminder that low and behold, it is NOT the year 2000, but that's also okay by me.

Book Club reading time! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment