Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Necessity is the mother of invention

This blog is no exception to the above! It's born out of a craving to share our family's triumphs, tribulations and just plain everyday doings.  Before I had children, I always thought of blogs as selfish endeavor's for attention. After having children and exploring friend's and writer's blogs, I've determined that blogging just may be right up my alley; time will tell.

I was giddy in the car this afternoon on my way home from picking up the girls when I saw an email from a member of my 18q- group.  Turns out this member is very local which is EXTREMELY exciting when you've got a 1 in 40,000 kind of child.  I'm hoping to build a connection with this family and I've been welcomed with open arms by everyone in the group.. I've said that having a child with a disability like Adele's is similar to winning the lotto... You become part of an "elite group" that understands just what your going through and depending on how old their children are, can provide a glimpse into the future.

Jade's newest and cutest is singing.... The child sings about everyone and everything "daddddyyyyyy aaaand mommmmmmyyyyy aannnndddd sisssssyyyyy gooooo to Ellleeonorrraaa's callllll grandmaaaa". I am smitten when she does this and can't help but to do a total "my kid's gonna be the next American Idol" mommy thing... The other plus to her love of singing is that I've already found one of her preferred learning styles (insert OMG she's such a teacher eye roll).

On that note, it's time for mommy to enjoy a Zombie Dust and call it a night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment