Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Run My Own Race

As much as inspirational quotes get old, I still can't help but to post a few that really speak to me. I found this one about 2 minutes ago:

Seems like I run my own race often these days, literally and figuratively. Saturday, I have a trail run 5k which should prove to be a lovely place to run as long as I don't get to caught up in the mud since it's supposed to rain the next few days. 

James & I had an excellent "Come to Jesus" meeting regarding a timeline to purchase a home. We are committing to ONE savings account. Yes I know many of you just passed out, so I'll give you a minute......  Our goal is to put our town house up for sale around February of 2016, then hope to buy sometime over the summer. For the record, assuming we both work in our current locations, we will not be moving any further west or south, other than that, we have no idea where we will actually end up. This gives us three years to build up our liquid assets (I'm making Suze proud!) Just the notion of a structured plan motivates me to stay-the-course. 

We also discussed the need to move "A Day for Adele" to October. We will use the summer to continue organizing and we'll use our experience in Savannah to better communicate and educate our Army. 

No comments:

Post a Comment