Friday, May 24, 2013

Honored

I came to realize the class of 2013 is monumental for me for a few reasons. First, I started co-teaching in 2009-2010 so these kiddos and I were Freshmen. Also, this class got to see me through my pregnancy with Jade, therefore, the first group to see me in a completely different role in my life.

Both experiences have made me see my students in the bigger picture of life. I was THRILLED to co-teach because I began to realize that I could make an impact on even more students. It has been refreshing to work with my gen. ed. students because they are ever so grateful for the amount of one-to-one time they get from me and because it gives me an opportunity to find and assist those who have been struggling silently for years.


I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou


Days like these fill my cup! It's been an honor, Class of 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment