Monday, April 29, 2013

Permanence

Adele's big 1st birthday was this weekend.  It's been a mixed bag of emotions for me.

Something that I've come to terms with recently, is that up until Adele's diagnosis, anytime a conflict or difficult situation has come up in my life, it has resolved. In the case of Adele's needs, they will not.

It is a constant struggle for my brain to wrap itself around permanence. Through my best efforts within my time and space, I have not been able to get myself to a place of balance. I am setting myself up with a very local therapist in hopes that I can come up with some effective coping mechanisms.

I am asking my audience a favor as a whole, with the understanding that many of you do this already..... Please check in with me from time to time on how I'm doing. I don't always have the forethought to express my need for help. Also, I am doing the best I can with my girls and thank goodness, I have a kick-ass husband as co-pilot.

On a side note, I took a million birthday pictures of my babe on her birthday, and will share them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment