Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Forward, Together, Forward

I was reminded by a friend on facebook today that it's that time to start reflecting on 2012 and time to look forward at 2013.

2012 has tested my strength as a human being more than any year of my life.  Here's what I can say about that; I'm DAMN proud of myself.  Raising two children under the age of two is challenging. Add a full-time job and a child with special needs to it and you've got yourself a potential disaster on your hands.... That's not me... I have and will always rise above any challenge put in front of me.  I have chose to focus my time and effort into those who respect and support my family. I am FOREVER in debt to anyone who can read this, as if not for you, it would have been that much harder to rise above.

The birth of Adele has taught me more life lessons in one year, than in my previous thirty-two combined.  Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Don't be afraid to utilize that Army of family and friends that you have built over the years.

2. Everything will be okay, if not now, then sometime soon.

3. Do what makes you happy.

4. Love your children for what they are, not what you dream them to be.

Looking forward to 2013, here's a few things I'd like to continue to do:

1. Focus on healthy eating.

2. Run 5K races.

3. Raise my girls to respect themselves and others around them.

4. Blog

5. Not worry about things that are out of my control.

New goals (gotta have them!):

1. Run the Shamrock Shuffle in Downtown Chicago.

2. Develop my photography skills.

3. Read more!

4. Improve my writing skills.

5. Continue to grow as a teacher.

When thinking about the year ahead, I know we will continue to face challenges as a family, but I am thrilled to think about the millions of awesome moments that lay ahead and will surely outweigh those challenges.

"Forward, Together, Forward" was taken from NIU President John G. Peters in 2008 in response to the February 14th massacre at Cole Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment