Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy

This has been a week of many little things/events that have boosted my happy meter! Love when good choices pay off!

First slice of happy relates to my weight loss. I could not believe the scale Friday morning when it read that I lost 5 pounds this week!! I have been sticking to a 1200 calorie diet and tracking everything I eat and drink through myfitness pal which has become my best friend these days. I'm reminded that I can do this and know that it will take sometime but I'll get there.

Another slice of happy comes from our newest family members; two sets of African Dwarf Frogs! One set resides with us at home and the other set is in my classroom at school. Jade loves feeding our pair at home but we have yet to name them. After creating a poll on my Haiku page at school, our two little darlings were named Georgia and Otis. I love the positive reactions Georgia and Otis bring to my classroom and that I have something to focus on when I'm at my desk and need to decompress.

Last slice of happy comes with a weekend full of activities with family and friends from all parts of our world. It's energizing to be around those that love you and just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment