Sunday, October 14, 2012

Traditions

I am not much of commercial Christmas kind of person. I don't enjoy having to buy gifts for a million people and go into bankruptcy to do so.... I also don't feel that people should buy me gifts for Christmas. There are about a million other ways to celebrate family and friends, that's not one of my favorites.

So I got to thinking about why I even bother to decorate my house, a tree and attend parties related to Christmas; tradition. What I remember and value the most as a child is spending quality time with people I love. I can remember baking cookies with my mom and grandmas, going with my dad to choose the best Christmas Tree and going Christmas Carolling with my friends in Jr. High and High School.

That being said, my goal with Jade and Adele is to create traditions of our own not only for Christmas but other Holidays as well. I am looking forward to baking those cookies with the girls and when they get older, I would like us to volunteer as a family at a local soup kitchen. My hope is that when they get older, they remember and try to create traditions of there own.


No comments:

Post a Comment