Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lovely Weekend

James left for Michigan Beer Fest on Friday.  He dropped the girls off at my parents so I could also get some time to myself. Friday night was spent with some lovely teacher friends aka "Monkeys". Lots of laughs and swapping of stories and gossip from the trenches ensued. I always look forward to these get- togethers.

Saturday morning was spent with more lovely ladies (and a few gentlemen), for Breakfast at Juicy O. After breakfast, my friend and I headed over to see if we could schedule our tattoos for sometime on Saturday. We were able to get in at 7:30 that night. My friend dropped me off and I decided to read for awhile, then catch up with "Pit Bulls and Paroles".  At about 4:00, the power randomly went out, so I text Comed to inform them of the outage and decided that the only thing I could do was read! Luckily my I-Pad had full charge.  By 6:30, the power was back on and I was ready to pick up my friend to get our tattoos. My tattoo artist was an ex-graffiti artist who threw out the f-bomb once every 30 seconds. I only had to endure about 30 minutes of f-bombs and it was finished! 


I decided to place the tattoo just below my neck in the center of my upper back. I wanted to put this tattoo in a place that would see some, but not to much, sunlight in the summer time! My friend and I decided to celebrate our new ink by having a glass of wine at Fox's. We had a great time chatting along with my friend's neighbor who also happened to just end her shift at the restaurant.  

This morning I got a run in and by 10:30 my girls were back in my arms. Threw a bag and a stroller together and we headed out to DCM for some playtime with my co-worker's sons.  Two hours later, I had two sleepy babies in my car ready to see their daddy. 

After I dropped the girls off, I ran over to Starbucks for coffee with a friend. I was thrilled to hear about some of her new ideas and exchanged a few of my own. We have decided to support each other in our respective causes, which is great because I know I can depend on her! Lovely conversation as usual.

"Reshaping our lives to fit our larger dreams." -Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment