Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lately

Today I realized that it has been awhile since I've blogged. The last two weeks, we have been busy in all areas of our life.

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, so I was excited when James and my students helped to make it a special day for me. I received a few red carnations and some chocolate from a few of my students which made my day.  After school, I had three students in my co-taught class come by and review for a quiz. Since I am a Special Education Teacher, I always feel quite flattered when Gen. Ed. students come to me with questions and concerns because it reminds me that I can make connections in both worlds!

In the evening, James and I scurried to get the girls ready before we headed out to the city for dinner at Nick's Fishmarket Grill in The Merchandise Mart.  I was happy that Nick's was not crowded so we we're able to have a great conversation and enjoy our food in a relaxed environment. I was also happy to have a few delicious chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my classroom in the afternoon.

Our second mommy to our girls updates us throughout the day through facebook messenger. We get pictures and blurbs of what the girls are doing. I was thrilled to see the most beautiful message about how Jade is compassionate and fair with her friends and stands up for them.  In a world that often values intelligence and competition as the highest commodities, it thrills me to see that our values are shinning through in our daughter. It's not that I don't think a healthy dose of talent and intelligence aren't excellent and needed traits, it's just that without a core foundation of values, talent and intelligence can create a nightmare in schools, work and personal lives. I couldn't be more proud.

We have a fun filled three day weekend ahead! Eat, Drink and be Merry everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment