Monday, December 30, 2013

Learning Curve

There is no doubt in my mind; I have climbed my new life's learning curve with a solid view.   This has been a nourishing year for our family.  We have soaked in the offering of those around us as to help us continue to cope and grow as a family.  IFSP meetings have become family gatherings, gymnastics class a cinch, therapy as needed, communication with scheduling has improved, sharing responsibility improved, and the girls are happy and healthy.

I'm excited to reflect on my goals for 2013:


1. Run the Shamrock Shuffle in Downtown Chicago.
This was my favorite race of the year! The energy you get from running on the streets of Chicago and the support of onlookers is like nothing else! I can't wait to run it in 2014!

2. Develop my photography skills.
Huge win! I took a basic skills class, several mentoring classes, purchased a new lens, shot my first family sitting, created a facebook group for mommy photographers and just signed up for a year-long shoot along to create my portfolio.

3. Read more!
Including audiobooks, I read 17 books this year, which is almost double the number from 2012.

4. Improve my writing skills.
Meh.

5. Continue to grow as a teacher.
Definitely! I am pretty well versed in the eight math practices related to common core and my communication with students and parents has become more fluid. 

Better than I thought! Here's my new set for 2014

1. Crossfit!

2. Exercise impulse control with eating. This is going to suck and you may be hearing a LOT of whining from me, but I'll use this as an outlet.

3. Build a portfolio for a potential photography gig.

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment